Criteria & Applying
This year we have extended our application period through June 15, 2012. If you fill out and interest form anytime after that time. Please contact us again during our regular application period of January 1 - April 30, 2013.
Habitat is not a giveaway program. In addition to a down payment and the monthly mortgage payments, homeowners invest hundreds of hours of their own labor - sweat equity - into building their Habitat house and the houses of others.
- "Have a need for adequate housing?" means that:
- your present dwelling is in poor condition.
- you are living in overcrowded conditions.
- you are living in an unsafe neighborhood.
- You have a yearly gross (before taxes) income between 30-60% of the median income as set forth by Orange County and are employed able to pay a monthly mortgage.
- Be willing to put in 500 hours of sweat equity in building your Habitat home.
- How can I apply for a Habitat House?
If you believe that you fit the criteria as described above, please send your name, address, phone number and number of children to us. Your completed application will be reviewed by the Family selection Committee. Qualified families are chosen based on need, willingness to partner and ability to pay a non-interest loan.
Habitat For Humanity - Winter Park/Maitland
C/O Family Selection Committee
P.O. Box 1196
Winter Park, FL 32790
Voicemail - 407.645.4408