Criteria & Applying
As of March 2015, we are currently reviewing our current list of interest forms and applications for the tentative build schedule starting September 2015 and 2016 respectively.
Habitat is not a giveaway program, we are looking for good families who have need, an ability to pay a mortgage, and are willing partners throughout the process. Potential homeowners invest 500 hundred hours of their own labor - sweat equity - into building their Habitat house and the houses of others.
- "Have a need for adequate housing?" means that:
- your present dwelling is in poor condition.
- you are living in overcrowded conditions.
- you are living in an unsafe neighborhood.
- You have a yearly gross (before taxes) income between 30-60% of the median income as set forth by Orange County which is at least $29,800 and no more than $35,100 for a family size of 4.
- Be willing to put in 500 hours of sweat equity in building your Habitat home.
How can I apply for a Habitat House?
If you believe that you fit the criteria as described above, please fill out the interest form online to start the process, or, send your name, address, phone number and family size to the address below. From the interest forms received, full applications will be sent to families meeting initial requirements and are to be filled out in their entirety before moving forward in the process. All applications will be reviewed by the Family selection Committee. Qualified families are chosen based on need, willingness to partner and ability to pay a non-interest loan.
Habitat For Humanity - Winter Park/Maitland
C/O Family Selection Committee
P.O. Box 1196
Winter Park, FL 32789